My, This is The Right Way!

holiday is approaching, 
even now it's close to the end. 

gotta teach again tomorrow. 

but I have some interesting insights to share with you during the first half of 2018. 

ready? you must be. 

before, let me give you a flower... 
 

START. 
I've sold many books, but amazingly I read more books. 
I'm now in my 16th copy since January the 1st. If you want to know what I read, you can visit my Goodreads page. And I didn't buy anything tho'. Just 2 of them were purchased personally. The rest of it were found in my parents' bookshelves (and I sell it after finished). Plus, I have a lot of dear people who borrowed me these books, and in equal, I increase my assertiveness in asking for a book to borrow! Sometimes, they even bring me books without being asked, actually. Just like Z borrowed me Beethoven's Letters from a library, my uncle brought James Herriot's Dog Stories when he came to my house, my brother sent us books to be read and to be sold later. I still have a bunch of hoomanbeings around me with interesting books in their hands and I'm amazed. Why didn't I do it earlier and only thought about possessing every interesting books in the world? Well, the proccess has served its purpose delicately with me. I found my excitement in reading again, because I decluttered my bookshelves! Cute, isn't it? :D 

It's a bit harsh but I've cut down my amount of piano pupils and limit myself. 
And I found more happiness in playing the piano as a performer. Somehow it's fun to teach those kids, but I'm a bit stressed out by the pressure of the school system and the...narrow...room...WELL I'm a bit claustrophobic, you know. Since I found out how excited I am when I'm at the center of the stage, playing something, it makes me think about my capability as a piano tutor. What I love the most from piano? Turns out it's the performance, the thrilling experience of combining technique and sensitivity of heart, let it be mixed with some knowledge about the composer and the period...ah, I don't know, it's wonderful to know someone through his/her musicwork, and to bear a responsible to make sure that what the composer tried to convince has the ability to reach the audience after being mixed with my interpretation (some says, my chemical reaction). To talk about a piece with my teacher or other hooman, also makes me passionate about the piano-playing. And music, in general. The only thing I enjoy the most from teaching piano is: talking with the student, making friends, and for students who studies wholeheartedly, I give all I know and all I can share with them. It's very tranquil to teach only students who want to study the music, not just chasing the self-image (of their parents, in worse case...). And yea, not being disturbed by 'how many pupils should I have'. 

A different case with viola and orchestra stuff. 
Now I understand why I have a tendency to reject job offers in wedding music. I don't really enjoy it. Doesn't really feel like learning something. Tho' I might enjoyed the social engagement, but, those fancy costumes and make up...no, thanks. I like feeling drained in rehearsals, but only the 'true' rehearsals. Funny, huh? Those rehearsals where you feel the most exhausted, but your heart is filled with joy and satisfaction. I KNOW. Absurdity wins, again. Music is such a powerful tool in human civilisation, I must say. Some addition, I'm in love with choir, lately. Not as simple as 'oh, they sing beautifully', yet it's like...'how tricky it is to sing beautifully, and how dedicated a choir singer may be!'. 

My parents started to avoid disposable plastic straws
But I know the news about these straws have been there for years and my parents are a bit late...BUT at least they noticed the fact and wanted to try doing the best! 

I guess I appreciate simple people more and more lately. 
I can feel very touched to see people who wears simple, repetitive clothes, bring only what matters, say only what's important or entertaining...who lives in such peace. No more burden of doing an OOTD post (and I never have a photographer, anyway), no more urge to wear a pointy eyeliner, no lipstick no problem, etc. I think it's just me getting older or, yea, getting minimalistic in a maximum force. :)) 

I've been living with Cloth Menspad for a clear 4.5 years. 

And I regret why didn't I do it sooner...it's fine! Now I'm in safe hands. My fundamental needs and my past guilt have been cured. Thanks to my friend Lynn! 

Bonus: a photo of my 4 years old menspad and my boo Salju the cat (she's the miracle of my life, too). 

My conclusion is, to live with less rush and greed is better, better! Try it, hooman, try it! 



Happy June, people! :) How's your holiday? 

Komentar